Revision and editing checklist for narrative essay has always been such a challenge, as most of the writers become overwhelmed or do not have enough time to read out their own contents of work again, but it is good for one to go through it because this will enable him get the perfect and more accurate picture of his narrative essay. By proof reading your narrative and rechecking the checklist you will be able to gauge whether you have come up with the best content and also one will recapture some of the missed points in his essay.
The following is a one of the summarized checklist one would need it in order to confirm whether you have everything in your essay.
Checklist for a Narrative essay:
- Check your introduction
In the introduction the first thing that you need to check is if you have clearly mentioned the incident that you are going to explain or communicate.
- Check the readers interest
Check if you have captured enough details to capture your readers interest.
Also check whether you have mentioned about everyone who was involved in developing the incident and the place where it took place.
- Organize your platform
Make sure that you have organized the events in an orderly sequence, as this is important to capture the flow of its content.
- Remove unwanted information
Make sure you remove all unnecessary information especially repetition of words and information as this will bring monotony in your narrative essay.
- Be precise in explaining your message
To make your essay more interesting be precise in your work as this also would help your readers to agree with your point of view.
Use of proper dialogue will help you report your information in a more confidential way.
- Check your conclusion
In your conclusion section have you explained each and everything that is related to your essay and have you given a briefly idea to eliminate the problem or to overcome the issue? In summary for one to have a proper revision and editing checklist for narrative essay should always remember to read out loud, underline one line at a time, point to each word with a pencil and have a friend read it for you.
Several types of essays exist, such as informative, argumentative, persuasive, and explicative. Each essay type may be written using various formats for structuring, which include cause-effect, comparison/contrast, and classification forms, among others. These structural formats depend somewhat on the preference of the writer, but much more so upon the particular topic and the purpose for which the essay's ideas are being explored. It is these elements that determine the particular direction in which the writing process takes the writer, but all essays will at some point involve the areas of the writing process which shall be subsequently discussed.
The writing process involves several stages:
One of the first elements of the process centres on the invention or formulation of the topic to be explored within the essay. This represents the critical point at which the essay becomes conceived in the mind of the writer, and is usually the result of a question or problem that the writer seeks to understand or resolve.
- Critical Reading
Following this, the essay enters the critical reading stage of the process, where any research or annotation previously done on the topic is explored, absorbed and analysed by the writer. Here the writer seeks to gain a thorough understanding of the problem and to find some ideas upon which answers to the initial question might be built.
- Thesis Formulation
Next the essay enters the thesis formulation stage. It is here that any hypotheses regarding the question or problem are explicitly stated in order to identify the precise direction that the arguments of the essay will take. It is important to note that these hypotheses are usually encapsulated within a one-sentence thesis that is generally located at the end of the introductory paragraph.
After introducing the problem/question and stating the thesis, good essay writers proceed to a method of organization in which each paragraph systematically discusses its own individual area of the problem. Each paragraph must contain one topic sentence and several supporting sentences that corroborate the ideas presented within the thesis. However, while the problem is usually discussed in light of the position the writer takes within the thesis, mention must be made of alternative views in order to showcase the breadth of knowledge gained by the extensive reading and research done in the critical reading stage.
Next, it becomes critical to perform proper documentation, as it does even more to demonstrate the breadth of research that has been done. It also prevents the pitfall of plagiarism that often plagues the essays of inexperienced writers.
Such documentation is usually done according to a particular citation style, such as Harvard, Oxford, MLA, APA, Chicago, OSCOLA, etc. The style is generally dictated by the academic discipline for which the essay is being written.
Revision is critical after the first draft of the essay has been completed, and this stage involves re-reading the essay with a critical eye in order to check for contradictions, logical errors, and such problems as the omission of important data that adds to the comprehensiveness of the work.
Finally, proofreading is performed as a means of removing syntactical, grammatical, punctuation and orthographical errors that reduce the professionalism and academic excellence of the work.
brand expert - Learn more about the world's largest scientific study that examines the truth and lies about why we buy.
- Sprachreise englisch - Sprachreise englisch. Sprachaufenthalt ESL bietet Sprachreisen weltweit für Erwachsene und Studenten.
- language schools barcelona - Learn Spanish in Barcelona. Intensive Spanish courses start every Monday for every level. Our Spanish language school in Barcelona is located in the centre and features air-conditioned classrooms, large outside terrace and excellent student facilities.
- SEO courses - The Marketing Crowd offer the best value SEO training courses in Ireland plus a 100% refund guarantee. Oklahoma Bankruptcy Exemption - Oklahoma Bankruptcy Lawyers: Call (888) Debt-Line for free attorney consultation with a Tulsa lawyer about qualifying for chapter 7 bankrupcy, Oklahoma exemptions, and discharging medical and credit card debt. Wagoner Oklahoma Lawyer - Tulsa, Oklahoma attorney James M. Wirth provides legal representation for Oklahomans who need a lawyer due to bankruptcy, criminal defense, family law, personal injury, or workers' compensation issues.
- Restaurant training - Buy Service That Sells! products online for restaurant, food service, hospitality training, increasing bar and check sales, staff incentives and improving your restaurant management skills. Increase your check average and sell more!
- french pronunciation - Learn French online by listening to French podcast. Perfect online resource for those who already posses a basic French vocabulary and essential French grammar.
- English to French Translation - TRANSLINK has an objective to develop long-term business relations with its clients.